Summer is the season for outings, picnics, and get-togethers. A time when people are more likely to eat outside or eat junk food since they’re outdoors and active, which can lead to unhealthy eating. However, at this temperature, it is recommended to eat dinners that are light on your stomach.
Eating excessive junk foods during the summer can lead to weight gain. This is because unhealthy foods are often high in calories, fat, and sugar. And this weight gain can lead to several health problems, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
It is okay to eat out every once in a while but you should not make it a regular habit. And when you cook at home, cook a healthy meal using the best ingredients, as it can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Healthy dinners are often low in calories and fat, and they are high in nutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which are important for good health.
Benefits of Eating Healthy Dinner
There are many benefits to eating a healthy dinner. eating a healthy dinner can help you:
- Lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce your risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer
- Improve your mood
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Have more energy during the day
- Improve your overall health and well-being
Here are some tips for eating a healthy dinner during the summer:
- Choose lean protein sources, such as paneer or tofu.
- Include plenty of vegetables in your meal.
- Choose whole grains over refined grains.
- Limit unhealthy fats, such as saturated and trans fats.
- Limit added sugars.
- Drink plenty of water.
Follow the link, to get more info about healthy foods.
Indian cuisine is a great source of inspiration for summer meals, as it is full of vegetables, spices, and herbs that are perfect for the warm weather. Here are a few ideas for healthy and delicious vegetarian dinner recipes using the best ingredients:
- Paneer Tikka: Enjoy this nice and spicy flavor of protein-rich dinner. Marinate paneer in a mixture of yogurt and Danfe spices. Danfe Foods is known to provide great-tasting, natural, and unadulterated foods, that are naturally sourced. Grill or bake this paneer until it turns golden and slightly charred. Serve it with mint chutney and enjoy it with some naan or bread or as is. Enjoy!
- Chana masala:This chickpea curry is another popular Indian dish perfect for summer and full of protein. It is made with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, and delicious spices from Danfe such as jeera, turmeric powder, and coriander seeds, and it is cooked until the chickpeas are tender and the sauce is thick and flavorful. Chana masala is typically served with rice or naan bread.
- Lentil Dhal: This quick and healthy recipe is a great option for a light and healthy dinner. It is light as well as nutritious. Simply cook Toor Dal. Add butter, jeera, red chili, and other spices, to a pan and saute for a min. Pour it on the dal. You can optionally squeeze some lemon juice too. A tasty yet simple dal is ready to be savored with some steamed rice or roti.
- Khichdi: This rice and Yellow Chana Dal dish is a staple in Indian cuisine. It is a simple and hearty meal that is perfect for a quick and easy summer dinner, giving you a great taste and is light on your stomach. All you need is some rice, dal, Indian spices, and a dollop of ghee.
- Raita: This yogurt-based accompaniment is a great way to cool down on a hot summer day and serves as a part of the light and summery dinner. All you need to do is mix yogurt, cucumbers, onions, and roasted jeera powder, and it’s ready. It can be served with a variety of dishes, such as khichdi, pulao, naan bread, or curries. It makes a great accompaniment for a delicious summer dinner. You can also add some fresh grated carrots and parsley to make it even more refreshing and healthy.
- Lentil Soup: This quick and easy vegan lentil soup recipe is a quick fix for a light and healthy dinner when you’re not in the mood for something too filling. Add some garlic, onions, tomatoes, vegetables of your choice, cumin seeds, and spices into a pressure cooker with some masoor dal. Let it cook for two whistles. Once it cools, blend it using a blender, pour it into a bowl, add some butter, and it’s ready!
Apart from these, you must also try cooking these healthy snack recipes that are super delicious for evening or party snacking.
These are just a few ideas for healthy and delicious Indian vegetarian dinner recipes. There are abundant choices available you just need to start exploring and experimenting. And you are bound to discover something that you and your family will enjoy.
Here are a few additional tips for making Indian food healthier:
- Use less oil when cooking.
- Steam or roast vegetables instead of frying them.
- Use low-fat or fat-free yogurt in your recipes.
- Add more fiber to your meals by including whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Spice up your meals with herbs and spices instead of salt.
With Danfe Foods, you can easily create healthy and delicious Indian meals. It is important to always keep in mind that maintaining a healthy diet is crucial for leading a joyful and well-balanced life.