Turmeric: A Natural Immune Booster and Recipes
BY DANFE |
Since ancient times, turmeric has been used to combat diseases and infections. It is believed to have healing powers that can aid in digestive issues, colds, and coughs and even help with restricting the spread of infection. The anti-inflammatory properties present in turmeric make it a natural immunity booster. It is also known as “Indian Saffron” and “The Golden Spice”. Turmeric is a spice that is made from the root of the Curcuma long plant. The active ingredient in turmeric known as Curcuma provides you with an active yellow color. It is mostly used to make curry-based dishes which enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
In the wake of the pandemic, we have become more mindful of what we eat and how we manage our health. There is no denying how important it is for all of us to keep a check on our immunity as it protects our body from diseases causing bacteria and viruses. This is why it is essential to include turmeric in your diet as it contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties which are needed by our body to protect us from diseases and infections.
Here are some of the benefits offered by turmeric which will help you boost your immunity as well as provide you with aid to health ailments:
- Turmeric can help to stabilize the metabolism levels in our body and in turn, can help in weight loss. It increases insulin sensitivity and regulates lipid metabolism for faster and more effective weight loss.
- Skin is the outermost layer of our body that protects us from harmful microbes. You can use turmeric as a mask to treat skin conditions such as acne or eczema as it enhances collagen synthesis and helps in repairing the tissues.
- It can help reduce the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack or stroke. Turmeric contains inflammation and oxidation properties which help to reduce the effect of heart diseases.
- Our bodies require antibodies to fight allergies and disease. Turmeric acts as a natural immunity booster which helps to enhance the process and provides strength to our body to fight such disease.
- Turmeric stimulates bile production which can help detoxify the liver and helps to absorb nutrients in our body. It keeps our liver clean and functioning by eliminating harmful toxins from our bodies.
Now that you are familiar with the benefits offered by turmeric. We have curated some amazing turmeric recipes for you to boost your immunity level as well as enjoy the rich flavor of turmeric.They are very easy to prepare and don’t require a lot of effort.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
Turmeric tea is a warm and soothing drink with a blend of aromatic ground turmeric, cinnamon, and honey. Turmeric tea is loaded with anti-inflammatory compounds that foster health. Oh, and they taste great, too!
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- In a saucepan take 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil
- Add the turmeric powder, ginger paste, and cinnamon to it
- Boil it on low flame for about 2 minutes
- Strain off the tea and add 1 tbsp honey to it
- Enjoy the tea hot and warm!
Golden milk is one of the best beverages which helps to relax your mind and body after a tiring day. A traditional beverage made with adding turmeric and cardamom powder to hot milk. The perfect way to end your day!
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tsp honey
- ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- Pour the milk into a pan and let it come to a boil
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, cardamom powder to it
- Sieve the ingredients and let them boil on low flame for 2 minutes
- Pour the milk into a cup and add honey syrup to it
- Top it off with ground cloves
- Drink hot!
An everyday spice located on our kitchen shelves can provide our bodies with a multitude of health benefits and improve our immune systems. Apart from adding texture and enhancing the flavor of the dish turmeric can definitely be used for achieving a better and healthy lifestyle. We hope you enjoy these recipes and take a step towards building healthier and ever-lasting immunity. Do share it with your friends and family and introduce them to the benefits of turmeric.