Need some snack ideas to keep your guests from sneaking around a taste of your delicious Thanksgiving feast. Look no further! We’ve pulled together some of the best thanksgiving snack ideas with party dips, and small bites to whip up before your guests arrive. You may even nibble on them while you wait for the main course to finish cooking. And even though your Thanksgiving table will likely be filled with plenty of food, nothing kicks off the festivities like one of these delicious Thanksgiving appetizers. Here are some easy and delicious Thanksgiving appetizers recipes for your table!
Bruschetta with Tomato toppings
This is a simple and delicious bruschetta recipe with a classic tomato-basil topping. The secret to making a truly delicious bruschetta is brushing a mixture of oil and butter onto each slice of the baguette!
For Tomato Toppings
- 6 tomatoes diced
- ½ cup chopped basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dill seeds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- Salt and pepper as desired
For Tomato Toppings
- In a mixing bowl, combine all tomato topping ingredients and fold them together. Set mixture aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Brush a baking sheet with oil, then stir together the remaining oil and melted butter. Brush both sides of the baguette with the butter and oil mixture.
- Bake bruschetta for 6 minutes, flip, brush with the remaining butter-oil mixture, and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Serve bruschetta with a few spoonfuls of the tomato mixture, topped with basil leaves.
Sweet Potato Fritters with Cheese Filling
These sweet potato fritters with cheese filling need very little prep work and are best enjoyed fresh. Served with sour cream for dipping, they are a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- ½ cup cream cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream for dipping
- Toss sweet potato, garlic, chives, and cream cheese mixing bowl.
- Add the egg white, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Combine well. Let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Spread 2 tbsp mounds in the skillet, about an inch apart, and gently press to flatten.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Drain on a paper towel and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all fritters are made. Serve hot with a side of sour cream.
Korean Corn Cheese
An easy and delicious thanksgiving appetizer recipe for creamy, gooey Korean Corn Cheese. You can make this delicious Thanksgiving starter in under 20 minutes with only a handful of basic ingredients!
- 2 fresh sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp rice flour
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Stir together all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the mixture melts and bubbles.
- Broil the dish for 2 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
Roasted Carrot Hummus
This Roasted Carrot Hummus is creamy and sweet and made entirely from carrots. Its incredible flavor will blow your mind away!
- 2 cups carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300°C.
- Drizzle olive oil over carrots, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well roasted and lightly browned. Put the carrots, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes in a food processor or less time in a high-speed blender.
- Add freshly grated garlic and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and adjust salt and lemon juice as necessary.
- To infuse the hummus with flavor, top it up with cinnamon sticks and roasted white sesame seeds. Chill completely in the refrigerator before serving. Remove the cinnamon sticks and stir well before serving.
Mashed Potato Cups
There is nothing better than a holiday feast made up of cheesy, crunchy, mashed potato cups.
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease mini muffin tins.
- Combine the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheddar cheese, pepper, and chives in a large bowl. Fold in ingredients until eggs and cheese are incorporated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the potato mixture in each greased muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow potato puffs to cool for a few minutes after removing them from the oven. Top with sour cream and chives and serve warm.
It is one of the busiest holidays, as families gather together and celebrate this day with a hearty meal. Cooking a Thanksgiving meal can take up a lot of time, but with these easy Thanksgiving appetizer ideas, you can spend the holiday with your loved ones and not be stuck in the kitchen. Happy Thanksgiving!