Holiday Season Special: Refreshing Drinks with Healthy Seeds
BY DANFE |
With the chilly winds outside, it’s time for us to stay snug inside with a steaming cup of tea or a healthy drink with seeds, or just with a simple mocktail with herbs and spices to relax. Here we’ve got plenty of inspiration for winter drinks. So, get cozy with a fuzzy blanket and one of these healthy drink recipes, and you’ll be feeling snug in no time!
Spiced Ginger Water
The cold weather calls for a spiced ginger drink to cope with the chill outside. With fresh ginger, lemon, spices, and hot water, this drink is nourishing and refreshing. Start your day off right by detoxifying and rehydrating your body. This is a healthy drink that helps stimulate digestion and metabolism in the morning!
- 1 glass Water
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tsp Honey
- Dry roast cumin seeds and coarsely powder them.
- In a saucepan, boil water. Add cumin powder & ginger and boil for a minute, then strain and allow water to cool completely.
- Pour lemon juice & honey into the cooled water and serve!
Apple and Caramel Drink
A hot apple and caramel drink is the perfect way to warm up your body. It’s soothing and has a comforting flavor that makes your stomach happy.
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster sugar
- ⅔ cup (165ml) apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Strips of orange peel
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Ground coriander seeds, to dust
- In a medium heavy-based saucepan, heat sugar and water together over high heat. In a swirling motion, cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden and caramelized.
- Stir in water with a metal spoon as you keep an eye on the steam, then swirl the pan until the caramel and water are combined. Pour in apple juice and cinnamon sticks and strips of orange peel.
- To serve, divide between glasses, spoon over whipped cream, and sprinkle with coriander.
Nigella Seeds Tea
This tea is brewed with Nigella seeds, which are packed with antioxidants, increasing your metabolism and keeping your gut happy, so drinking black seed tea daily is a great choice.
Nigella tea is brewed with black seeds, also known as Nigella seeds, and contains herbal ingredients. Nigella tea is rich in antioxidants making it a great addition to your daily routine.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds
- Milk and honey (optional)
- 1 dash vanilla extract (optional)
- Crush the nigella seeds with a mortar and pestle; it doesn’t have to be too fine, just to release the essential oils.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and add hot water. Simmer for eight to ten minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and discard contents.
- As desired, flavor with milk, honey, or vanilla.
Golden Milk with Ajwain Seeds
Winters are a gateway to the common cold and flu but this homemade golden milk with turmeric and ajwain seeds is a natural remedy for colds, coughs, and sore throats. You can take it every day for better health and immunity.
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ tsp Ajwain Seeds
- 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Bring the milk to a boil with the ajwain seeds.
- Stir in turmeric powder and turn off the heat.
- Strain and serve hot!
Dill Seeds Tea
Dill seeds tea helps to relax, soothe, and tranquilize our digestive systems, promote bone health, and boost our immune system!
- 1 tbsp Dill Seeds
- 2 cups Water
- A handful of Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to the saucepan with dill seeds.
- Stir in mint leaves and honey. Allow infusing until warm, then enjoy!
An all-natural and effective weight loss and flatulence relief drink. It’s made with a combination of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, ajwain seeds, and methi seeds. All of these seeds make it an excellent detox drink and a great way to stay healthy!
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp Ajwain seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Lemon juice
- A drizzle of Honey
- Bring all ingredients to a rolling boil in a saucepan.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a cup, strain half of the detox water, and drink on an empty stomach every morning.
- Add honey and mint leaves to add that jazz to your detox drink!
A classic negroni mocktail is a refreshing drink recipe made with grapefruit juice, cardamom syrup, and coriander, a healthy twist on an old favorite that’s perfect for the holiday season.
To make the syrup base
- 1 bowl of Grapefruit
- 1 slice orange
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- Pinch coriander seeds
For the mocktail
- Ice cubes
- 25ml white grape juice
- 1 slice orange (optional)
- Cut the grapefruit into small chunks and put it into a pan with the orange slice, sugar, water, and cardamom pods, and coriander seeds.
- Cook for around 5 minutes, crushing the fruit pieces with the back of a wooden spoon as it starts to soften to release the juices.
- As soon as the fruit has softened and the white color has faded, remove it from the heat and leave it to cool.
- After the syrup mixture has cooled, strain it and discard the spices and fruit pieces. Pour the syrup, grape juice, and cold water into a tumbler filled with ice.
- Stir gently until the tumbler feels cold, then garnish with a slice of orange, if desired.
The right herbs and seeds can help boost digestion, improve metabolism, and aid weight loss when used in proper quantities. These potent natural ingredients are a great way to nourish your body and feel energized. It is definitely worth trying these delicious winter drinks to stay energized throughout the holidays!