Health Resolutions That Are Sustainable And Easy To Follow
BY DANFE |
Yet another new year has come, and now comes the time to set goals and resolutions that we wish to keep up but tend not to. In the time of this prolonged pandemic, one must most importantly focus on setting attainable health resolutions for the year. It’s time to buckle up and fulfill wellness resolutions that can not only be beneficial for health but also be followed for life!
Here are some practicable healthcare resolutions that you can incorporate into your daily life:
Always be on the move for a healthy new year
Sitting too much has often been linked to an increased risk of obesity, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases. Your daily life must surely include some sort of activity be it yoga, aerobics, gym visits or simply walking around the house. Simply grooving to beats can also help you stay active.
Keep time for yourself
Setting wellness resolutions without prioritizing your own mental health makes no sense. It’s important to make time every day to just reflect on your thoughts, work on yourself and destress. Do things that empower you, make you happier, and help you grow positively.
Being socially connected not only can be fun but also helps amplify your mental and physical health. Social interaction gives your mind its required dopamine boost and helps you keep a positive attitude.
Healthy eating habits for the win
Planning a healthy diet is not all about cutting out on calories. It is creating a sustainable, nourishing eating pattern that works for you. Practice mindful eating by consuming whole foods rich in nutrients and low in heavily processed, sugary products.
Substitute junk food with healthier alternatives when cravings strike. On that note, take a look at these scrumptious recipes that you can follow as a delicious meal and a healthy new year’s resolution.
Let’s Promote Healthy Eating Habits with Baingan Masoor Dal
Masoor Dal, also known as red lentil, is a delicious and aromatic Indian curry. Easy to make and naturally gluten-free, makes it a healthy vegan dinner.
For the Baingan
- 2 eggplants diced
- 8 cup olive oil
- Half teaspoon salt
For the Dal
- 1 cup of masoor dal
- 3 ½ cups of water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely grated
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 3 tomatoes, well chopped
- 4 garlic cloves well chopped
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Preparation of Baingan
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking tray. Mix the diced eggplant, olive oil, and salt in a bowl together. Roast them in an oven for 15 minutes.
- Rinse masoor dal thoroughly with water until it runs clear.
- Transfer the dal into a pan along with the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook on simmer for 20 minutes.
For the Tarka
- Add cumin and mustard seeds to a hot pan with oil.
- Add the onions and ginger and cook until soft then add garam masala, turmeric, and coriander seeds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, and chopped chilies.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stir in the masoor dal along with the eggplant and reduce the heat to low. Add salt and pepper as per taste
- Serve with rice or bread and relish.
[Source: King arthur baking ]
There is nothing easier than making this delicious and healthy recipe. Atta Rolls are great for breakfast, packed in lunch boxes for your kids, or even enjoyed as a snack in the evening.
- 1 cup Atta flour
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ cup Coriander
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- ¼ tspTurmeric
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix the atta flour, curd, and salt. Mix with ½ cup of water. Add the rest of the water and make a thin consistency. Cover and rest for an hour
- Combine the batter with the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
- Grease a dosa tawa with oil, and once it’s hot, spread sufficient batter in a circular direction. Garnish the naan with oil and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Slice them into halves and serve them hot. Savor them with baingan masoor dal.
Enjoy these yummy, easy-to-make delicacies with a healthy mind while working towards your dreams. Let this year bring you joy, good health, and happiness. It’s time to make way for accomplishments and success. Danfe wishes all things positive and a healthy new year ahead!