Delicious Desserts to Kick Off your New Year’s Celebration
BY DANFE |
It’s time to bid farewell to another year and celebrate the oncoming of the new year with the ultimate New Year Eve feast and lots and lots of New Year’s desserts. Whether you’re looking for mini desserts for a mini New Year’s Eve party, or you’re on the hunt for ridiculously easy dessert recipes, we’ve pulled together plenty of New Year’s dessert recipes that will pair well with your New Year’s feast.
Regular brownies just got better! These fudgy Oreo brownies are even better as they’re stuffed with chocolate chips and Oreo Cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup maida flour
- 14 Oreo Biscuits, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 180˚C. Spray nonstick cooking spray on a 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and salt and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each increment, until the butter is melted.
- Whisk the mixture until glossy, then stir in chocolate chips, whisking to melt them. Let cool, whisking occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Blend in eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla. Stir in cocoa and flour just until combined. Fold in half of the cookies and place on the prepared pan. Arrange remaining cookies on top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until brownies are set and a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Buckwheat Ginger Cookies
Experience the great taste and texture of a classic ginger cookie without the gluten!
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 ½ ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp quality pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat butter, oil, and sugar together, then add and beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures and beat until well combined. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Make sure the dough is thoroughly chilled before handling it.
- Place the rack on the middle shelf of the oven and preheat to 250°C.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4th inch or slightly thicker. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter and place them on a lined cookie sheet using a knife or spatula.
- Let it bake for about 8 minutes. Before frosting the cookies, let them cool completely on a wire rack for a couple of minutes. Store them in an airtight container.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whether you’re a novice or a pro when it comes to baking, this sweet treat will not let you down. An easy vegan dessert to make at home that’s rich and decadent with chocolate chips.
- 2 cup maida flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine with chocolate chips.
- Put brown sugar in a second bowl and break it up until it is evenly distributed. Whisk together granulated sugar, oil, water, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spread out 2-inch mounds of dough, spacing them 2 inches apart. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 250°C. Bake cookies, rotating the pans after 6 minutes, until golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
A popular snack and an easy New Year’s eve dessert idea, churros are fried cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar. It’s crisp on the outside, soft and tender on the inside, and you just can’t resist the taste!
For the Sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
For the Churros
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Maida flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan with a fork. Cook on medium, stirring the pot frequently, until amber in color, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in butter (it will sputter), then add heavy cream, cocoa powder, and salt to dissolve. Add chocolate and let it sit for 3 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth (if you want, you can use an immersion blender).
- In a medium saucepan, heat a cinnamon stick on medium until fragrant for about 2 minutes. Boil 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of salt with olive oil. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick; stir in flour with a wooden spoon and let sit.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 4 inches of vegetable oil and heat on medium until temperature reaches 350°F.
- Meanwhile, transfer the churro batter to a large bowl. Beat on low speed for 1 minute to cool slightly. Beat in the egg (the dough should be shiny and smooth). Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- In four batches, squeeze batter lengths of 3 to 4 inches into the oil, trimming the ends with scissors. Fry until golden brown for about 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set over paper towels.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a big bowl. As soon as the churros are cool enough to handle, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar. Dip in the chocolate caramel sauce.
Crispy Banana Fritters
Fried to golden perfection, these banana fritters are full of flavor and a great way to use up ripe bananas.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup maida flour
- Oil for frying.
- In a bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in flour until combined.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of banana fritter batter into it. Flip the fritter once one side is golden and bubbles appear on the surface, and cook until the other side is browned as well.
- Drain fritters on paper towels. Savor!
What better way to ring in the new year than with a delicious spread of homemade sweets. While the excitement for New Year’s may seem to be all about the fancy dinner and drinks, desserts are just as important to create a festive vibe while satisfying sweet cravings. If you are looking for New Year’s eve dessert ideas, then you are in the right place. Try these amazing recipes for your best New Year’s eve!