After a long day of work, our bodies need to be refueled by having a nutritious dinner. An ideal dinner should be light and ideally should be gluten-free recipes. The presence of gluten in our meals can sometimes cause harmful effects. A healthy composition of a dinner meal will also help in weight loss.
These gluten-free dinner recipes will be adored by even the pickiest of eaters!
Pathiri Or Rice Flour Pancakes
Pathiri is one of the most celebrated & authentic Mappila gluten-free recipes, made out of rice flour. This flatbread recipe, soaked with delicious curry will leave your taste buds in awe.
- 1½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Roast the rice flour on a hot pan until it turns fragrant.
- Transfer the flour to a bowl and once cooled down, add salt and knead by adding water a little at a time.
- Shape the obtained dough into a ball and brush with some oil.
- Let it rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll each dough into a circular shape
- On a heated griddle, place the rolled dough and cook both sides for 2 minutes until golden brown spots are obtained.
- Transfer the Pathiri to a plate and spread coconut milk to make it soft.
Flavorsome Urad Dal Curry
This yummy dal curry made up of black lentils will treat your tastebuds with the best of flavors and boost your bones with its abundance of nutrients.
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 green chillis -finely chopped
- 1½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped or pureed
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1½ tbsp ghee
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tsp ghee
- 3 tsp garlic
- 1 dry red chili
- Soak the urad dal in warm water and let it rest for half an hour.
- Pressure cook the dal along with the water and turmeric powder.
- Let the dal cook on medium heat for up to 4 whistles. After cooking, wait till the cooker cools down.
- To a hot pan with ghee, add mustard seeds. Once they begin to pop, add the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onion, green chilis, garlic, and ginger and stir fry them.
- Sprinkle in the required salt and mix well. Add in the tomato and let it cook for 3 minutes
- Transfer the cooked urad dal with the water to the pan and mash the dal to give a creamy texture.
- Stir well to avoid sticking and let the dal simmer on medium hit for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the garam masala.
Preparation of the Tempering
- To obtain a delicious flavor, Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a small pan and stir fry with sliced garlic and red chili. Remove from heat and pour it over the curry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it hot with some yummy Pathiri.
Mamma Mia! How delicious !!
Dagdi Poha Upma
Poha is an easy-to-make and delicious meal made of flattened rice.
- 1 cup Dagadi poha
- 1 cup water
- 40 g of peanuts
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp methi seeds
- 1 red chili
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chili
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lemon juice
- Wash the poha in running water and strain away the excess water using a strainer.
- In a hot Kadai, dry roast the peanuts and keep them aside.
- In the same Kadai, add ghee, methi seeds, and mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds start to pop, add the red chili, chopped onion, and green chili.
- Saute in low flame. Add the turmeric and grated carrot. Mix well
- Add in the chopped capsicum. You may add any veggies of your liking.
- Add salt as per taste and cover & cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and add soaked poha . Mix and crumble with hand.
- Add the roasted peanuts and squeeze in half a lemon.
Your Go-To Gluten-Free Dinner Recipe -Toor Dal Salad
This easy dal salad can be prepared in a few minutes, providing you with a protein-rich, healthy, and non-greasy diet.
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 tbsp Chopped onions
- 2 tbsp Chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp Chopped tomato
- 1 Sliced green chili
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- A Splash of Lime
- Half boil the toor dal along with turmeric and ½ tsp salt and transfer it to a salad bowl along with the water.
- Add the chopped veggies and chili as per taste.
- To this mixture, add some chaat masala, salt, and black pepper according to taste
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a splash of lemon and be ready to dig in!
Our health must be our top priority. Consuming meals that include ingredients that will do harm to our bodies should be avoided strictly. Remember to add fruits and vegetables to your diet. These easy gluten-free dinner recipes are a life savior as they can be easily prepared and will make dinner time your favorite mealtime!